WALT identify direct speech and indirect speech.
- I can identify direct and indirect speech.
- I can punctuate direct and indirect speech.
We have been learning about how to use speech in our writing.
Remember to follow these key rules when adding speech:
- You need speech marks around what is being spoken.
- You need a capital letter at the start of the sentences.
- You need a reporting clause to say who is speaking and how they are saying it.
- You need either a comma, exclamation mark, question mark or full stop at the end of what is being spoken.
- The speech marks must come after the punctuation.
- Don't forget a full stop at the end of the whole sentence.
Using these rules try and complete the task sheets below.