Your first activity today is art. Please follow the link and watch the video 'How to draw an Octopus'. Stop and start the video as you draw your very own Octopus. Remember there is no need to rush, so sit back and take your time.
Watch this funny animation Oktapodi
Story Ideas you could choose from:
- Retell the narrative as it appears, using rich description and vivid imagery.
- Write an alternative story, involving a different animal.
- Write a story with a flashback, perhaps the octopus wakes up in the truck and a flash back takes place remembering the tank.
You will need to think about:
- Who you are writing as. Are you the delivery/truck driver, the octopus who was snatched from the tank or the octopus chasing the truck?
- Build tension, make it exciting - Show me, don't tell me!
- If you include dialogue, check your punctuation!
Today you are going to add rich vocabulary to your drawing of an octopus or alternative animal. You will need to think about:
- Have you chosen the most interesting vocabulary?
- Could you hyphenate your vocabulary to up-level it e.g. candy-pink?
- Where is your ambitious vocabulary going to go e.g. along its tentacles?
P.E. Minecraft Yoga
Please click on the link for a Minecraft themed Yoga session.
Maths Answers - No peeking!