Work through the different activities on the 10 frame game:
Today you will need:
Children use one-to-one correspondence to count objects up to 10. They continue to develop their understanding of cardinality.
• How many containers are there in the picture?
• What different items can you see?
• Can you count the shells by pointing to each shell as you count?
• How can you use counters to help you count the shells? Can you use one counter for each shell?
• How might the ten frame help you to count the shells?
Work through each picture using the 10 frames to represent how many penguins there are.
How many penguins are there?
Can you use the counters to represent the penguins?
How can you use a ten frame to count the penguins?
Can you fill the top row first and then move to the bottom row?
How many do you have on the top row? How many do you have on the bottom row?
How many do you have altogether?