This time the initiative is celebrating not just NHS and key workers but also extends to home-schooling parents and those who are shielding.
Watch the video and answer the questions below.
- Have you taken part in the new ‘Clap for Heroes’ initiative yet?
- Did you take part in ‘Clap for Carers’ during the first lockdown?
- What impact do you think taking part has?
- Who do you think it might help?
- Do you think it’s important that we are thanking more than just the NHS staff and key workers this time?
- Can you think of some of the people who help us - particularly in current times?
- Can you think of different ways that you can show your support and thanks?
Look at the resource below, which shows how some people feel about the 'Clap for heroes' initiative. What do you think? Which person's response is closest to your own?
Now choose one of the tasks on the home learning document to complete in your topic book.