Friday 17th April 2020
Good morning Squirrels
PE: 9am work out with Joe Wicks Body Coach https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3LPrhI0v-w
Phonics: You can use this website to play some fun phonics games https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
English: Today we are going to write a pirate poem. Here are some poems for you to listen to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4N3wuXCf9M
You can now write your own poem and share it with somebody in your house.
lundering treasures from those at sea
I am a pirate and I am free
Really fierce, I leave them crying
Across the oceans, my black flag flying
Treasure islands are where I land
Emerald seas and golden sand
Ahoy me hearties
You could also add a border around your poem with some drawings.
Here are some pirate word mats to help you.
Maths: Propeller Maths board numbers 14 & 38.
Then try https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zjxhfg8 - Lots of games on here to access.
Have a go at these word problems:
1. There are 12 children going on a school trip. The trip costs £5 each. How much does the trip cost altogether?
2. A slug travelled 10cm each day. How far did the slug travel in 7 days?
3. Lisa has 8 bags of apples. There are 3 apples in each bag. How many apples does Lisa have?
4. A baby drinks 5 ml of milk every hour. How much milk will it drink in 6 hours?
5. If I buy 6 chews that cost 2p each and 8 chocolates that cost 5p each. How much will I spend altogether?
6. There are 3 football teams. On each team there are 5 boys and 6 girls.
How many boys are playing football? How many girls are playing football?
If you have time https://ttrockstars.com/
Also don’t forget to access https://play.numbots.com/#/account/school-login-type
We are exploring the artist Andy Warhol. I want you to have a go at creating a fact page about him. Remember to include some information about him and about his work. Also try and include some images or drawings/painting of his work. Try and use colours that he would use.
Reading: Please do your daily reading and record it in your reading record. New books can be accessed online through this link. You will need to register but it is completely free. https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page/
Spelling: Keep practising the year 1 & 2 Common Exception words. You have these in your packs.