Today you are going to be thinking about your own animals at home (or ones you would like to have!)
You have got quite a lot of different choices for your English task today, so choose one and do it in your book – BEST handwriting please:
1. Describe your favourite pet. What do you love about it? If you do not have a pet, describe the one you would like to have the most.
2. Invent a brand new pet. What would it look like? How would you have to care for it?
3. You can choose to be the pet of anyone in the world. Who would it be? What kind of animal would you be?
4. Which pets are the best? Why?
5. Finish this story: “If I were a pet, I would be a _____, and I would….”
6. What if we all kept wild animals as pets? Which one would you choose? Why? What would you need to do to look after it?
7. If someone were to care for your pet (or dream pet) while you were away, what things would they need? Write out the care instructions they would have to follow to care properly for your pet.
8. What would your day be like if you were a cat? Or a dog? Or a fish? What sorts of things would you do? What would be your favourite time of day? You could write this as a diary as a pet…
Today you will be recapping multiples. Watch the videos below and then have a go at the activities.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oQTriXR_Iw (stop at 2:08)
For your activity today, you will follow the instructions below to write down the multiples of each number. There are 3 activities to complete for each spice level.
Mild: 1) Write the first 5 multiples of 6 2) Write 5 multiples of 7 3) Write the first 4 multiples of 8
Spicy: 1) Write 5 multiples of 6 larger than 40 2) Write 5 multiples of 12 larger than 48 3) Write 5 multiples of 11 larger than 77
Hot: 1) Write 5 multiples of 16 2) Write 5 multiples of 18 larger than 54 3) Write 5 multiples of 22 larger than 100
Now try these two problems:
1) Sam thinks that the multiples of 6 and 8 will always be even. Is this correct? Explain and prove it with evidence.
2) Eva’s age is a multiple of 7 and is 3 less than a multiple of 8. She is younger than 40. How old is Eva?
In the top corner of your rapid recall whiteboard, you will have a space to write your number.
Range 10-20: 12
Range 30-60: 32
Range 350-450: 395
Range 30-99: 73
Today you will be finding out about life cycles. Watch the video below as an introduction.
For your task, use the video below to help you draw a diagram showing the life cycle of a butterfly.
When you’ve finished that, use the video below to help you draw a diagram showing the life cycle of a frog.
Reading: Please do your daily reading and record it in your reading record.
Please practise your spellings daily. These lists are on our class page. You can practise the Year 1/2, Year 3/4 and the Year 5/6 spelling lists. You all know which spellings you should be practising anyway.