Good morning everybody!
Don't forget when you have completed any of your work, please email it to us. Email it to your class teacher still.
Read Write Inc. Phonics lessons are on YouTube for children to watch at home from 9:30am and will be available for 24 hours. All films will be in separate categories on the YouTube channel; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo7fbLgY2oA_cFCIg9GdxtQ
I would suggest that you follow this link to review set 1 sound as your child will know these really well now; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCBzNnSSxds (turn off the sound so your child can say what they see).
Note; Keep asking your child to tell you the set 2 and 3 sounds in their home learning packs so that you know which sounds to practise.
You can also play some fun phonics games here;https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
Today we are going to try an answer some questions about aliens. Have a look at the question quadrant below and write your answers to the questions.
Try to explain your answers to the questions using the sentence stem ‘I think _________________ because______________’. Remember to use capital letters, full stops, finger spaces and read your writing to make sure that it makes sense.
Warm up - count in steps of 2, 3, and 5 from 0, and in tens from any number, forward and backward. You need to know these times tables by the end of the year.
Today you are going to have a go at solving two-step word problems combining addition and subtraction. You need to read them very carefully and think about each part of the problem.
1. James and Zain bring their football cards to share with their friend Tom. James brings 14 and Zain brings 11. They give Tom 8 cards between them. How many do James and Zain have left altogether?
1. John buys 12 pencils one week, and 7 the following week. He gives 3 pencils to his friend. How many pencils does he have left?
2. Lydia has 15 marbles. She takes them to her friend’s house. She loses 3 on the way and 4 in the house. How many does she have left?
3. Asif has a packet of biscuits. There are 12 in the packet. He gives 6 of the biscuits to some friends. He buys another packet of 12 biscuits. How many biscuits does he have now?
4. Amina collects 23 conkers. She gives 6 of the conkers to her brother and 8 to her sister. How many conkers does she have left?
1. A farmer has 26 cows, which he keeps in 3 fields. After counting 12 in the first field and 5 in the second, how many cows would he expect to find in the third?
2. A photographer takes 34 photos in a day. She takes 13 in the morning and 12 in the afternoon. She takes the rest in the evening. How many photos does she take in the evening?
3. A teacher collects a bag of 28 balls for a PE lesson. There are 3 colours of ball. 13 are blue and 8 are green. How many red balls are there?
4. A greengrocer has a box of apples. In the morning he sells 17 apples. In the afternoon he sells 6 apples. At the end of the day there are 11 apples left. How many apples were there at the start of the day?
I want you to write 3 two-step problems. I then want you to solve them and then explain to someone at home how you worked it out.
In the top corner of your rapid recall whiteboard, you will have a space to write your number.
Year 2 (20-50) - Today's number is 29
If you have time https://ttrockstars.com/
Also don’t forget to access https://play.numbots.com/#/account/school-login-type
Today we are going to focus on learning about Planet Earth.
What do you already know about planet Earth?
Use this link to Nasa Space Station to find out about earth and what it looks like from space; https://spaceplace.nasa.gov/all-about-earth/en/
You might like to explore by using google earth; https://firstname.lastname@example.org,-159.93981519,-29784.3337069a,29497713.23248387d,35y,294.77628968h,0t,0r
You are going to become an astronaut again, looking at Earth from space. Can you draw what Earth looks like?
Underneath you drawing, write 5 facts about Earth that you have learnt.
We want you to practise your weekly spellings in our fancy handwriting style. Please have a look at the document attached at the bottom to show you the joins.
Log in to your myON account here; https://www.myon.co.uk/login/index.html
You can choose from a variety of texts and most will have a quiz to go with them. We can log in and see how you are getting on so I would love to see your quiz scores, 100% of course.
Please practise your spellings daily. This week’s spellings are below. You will need to see which ones you want to work on. If you can already spell all of the Year 1 & 2 spellings, then have a go at the Year 3/4. We will be focusing on 10 spellings every week. On Friday, get someone at home to do your spelling test with you!